polygotry

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Tue Mar 16 21:09:32 UTC 2004

Uh, yes I read the papers. These people who practice these arrangements are not Mormons, in spite of what they might claim to be.
Fritz Juengling

>>> RonButters at AOL.COM 03/15/04 06:53PM >>>
In a message dated 2/19/04 9:45:01 AM, juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
writes:

> Perhaps, but Mormons have not practiced polygamy (more specifically
> polygyny) in over a century.

Huh? Don't you read the newspapers? While it is true that the mainstream LDS
church has given up nonmonogamous marriages since the admission of Utah to the
Union, there are many people who consider themselves "Mormons," mostly living
in the Western states, who enter into more than one marriage at a time, they
just do it clandestinely. As I understand it, however, these marriages get no
support whatsoever from the Church, and there is no apparent movement of any
kind to change the present official policy.