Through hell and half of Georgia (1913)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 18 09:10:26 UTC 2004

AND HALF OF GEORGIA--234 Google hits, 133 Google Groups hits

   One more Americanism while I do the laundry.
   This is not in the AMERICAN HERITAGE DICTIONARY OF AMERICAN QUOTATIONS.
Fred Shapiro?
   I haven't re-subscribed to Augusta Archives to research this.  It''s
interesting that Newspaperarchive--that contains the ATLANTA CONSTITUTION--doesn't
have it earlier.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Daily Commonwealth - 6/13/1913
...parts OF the south, "all over HELL and HALF OF GEORGIA" signifies the
limits OF the.....for a year I traveled all over HELL: and HALF OF GEORGIA after
them stars, and never.....FOB mm Love OF Humanity Should plant Love OF Noise
GAMES INSTEAD OF GUNS State Fire.....we also now urge a thorough cleaningtip OF
all rubbish and a restriction OF the use..
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin Friday, June 13, 1913  950 k

Stevens Point Journal - 6/14/1913
...for a year I traveled all over HELL and HALF OF GEORGIA after them stars,
and never.....parts OF the south, "all over HELL and HALF OF GEORGIA"
signifies the limits OF the.....early and prOFusely, pinch OFf the ends OF HALF the
branches, so that the energy OF the.....manure, and set the plants in the ground
HALF an inch deeper than they were in the..
Stevens Point, Wisconsin Saturday, June 14, 1913  906 k