Fwd: Re: Audiotapes of English dialects

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu Mar 18 22:44:54 UTC 2004

Another listserv I'm on is looking for audiotapes of English
dialects.  Hughes and Trudgill has been cited on Britain, plus the
following George Mason site, which I don't think is very good.  Can anyone
recommend a better collection for American dialects, besides the bits and
pieces we've all collected from "Talk of the Nation," etc.?  I'm not sure
we have one!
(Another nice British tape is "Urban Voices," by Foulkes and Docherty.)

Beverly Flanigan