Oprah's "Tossed Salad" of sex slang

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 21 02:02:35 UTC 2004

   Howard Stern has mentioned that Oprah Winfrey can do the same thing--or worse--and not received any FCC fine at all.  The issue involves sex slang, so it may be of interest to record (although the Jonathon Green's CASSELL DICTIONARY OF SLANG has most of these terms).

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=405BDDE5.78ED%40captainjanks.tk&rnum=1

From: Tom Cipriano (captainjanks at captainjanks.tk)
Subject: IN CASE
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.fan.howard-stern
Date: 2004-03-20 03:00:37 PST

WARNING- this page contains EXTREME graphic content transcribed from the "Oprah Winfrey Show"
 FILE AN FCC COMPLAINT NOW!
 On 10/02/03, and 03/18/04 at approximately 4:36 PM EST. the "Oprah Winfrey Show" aired a segment in which Oprah held a conversation with a guest(Michelle Burford) on her show that I was outraged at, and considered indecent. So indecent, that the powers that be on the "Howard Stern Show" would not allow Howard Stern to play a tape of the segment on his show. Therefore, I ask fellow Howard Stern fans, and anyone reading this to register a complaint with the FCC reporting the incident. The FCC asks that you provide the name of the show, in this case the "Oprah Winfrey Show", heard in New York on ABC,(check your local listings for the station in your area) and a transcript. The lady who is speaking with Oprah is Michelle Burford, a writer for "O" magazine, (Oprah's magazine) and had interviewed fifty 13 year old kids regarding sex. She has no medical credentials that are stated on the website, on the show, or in the transcript.
   Here is a transcript of the conversation:

WINFREY: Yeah. So you say--let's talk about that secret language, Michelle.
Ms. BURFORD: Yes.
WINFREY: I didn't know any of this.
Ms. BURFORD: I have--yeah, I have--I've gotten a whole new vocabulary, let me tell you.
WINFREY: I did not know any of this. Does this--does this mean I am no longer hip?
REED: ...(Unintelligible).
Ms. BURFORD: Salad-tossing. I'm thinking cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes. OK?  I am definitely not hip.
WINFREY: OK--so--OK, so what is a salad toss?
Ms. BURFORD: OK, a tossed salad is--get ready; hold on to your underwear for this one--oral anal sex. So oral sex to the anus is what tossed salad is.  Hi, Mom. OK. A rainbow party is an oral sex party. It's a gathering where oral sex is performed. And a--rainbow comes from--all of the girls put on lipstick and each one puts her mouth around the penis of the gentleman or gentlemen who are there to receive favors and makes a mark in a different place on the penis, hence, the term rainbow.  So...
WINFREY: OK. And so what does pre--so what does pretty boy mean? A pretty boy.
Ms. BURFORD: Pretty boy is a sexually active boy, someone who's been fairly promiscuous. So it isn't maybe what you would have thought pretty boy meant in your time.
WINFREY: And dirty means what? Does dirty mean...
Ms. BURFORD: Dirty mean a diseased--means a diseased girl. And along with that the term that some teens are using to mean HIV is High Five, `high' and then the Roman numeral `V.' High Five. So if you got High-Fived by Jack, you got diseased by Jack. You got--you got HIV.
WINFREY: It means he gave you HIV.
Ms. BURFORD: He gave you HIV. Yeah.
WINFREY: So that means you shouldn't...
REED: Really.
WINFREY: ...go around saying to little kids anymore--I was talking to a little boy and I went `Give me high five.'
Ms. BURFORD: Yeah.
WINFREY: You shouldn't--you shouldn't do that anymore. Right.
Ms. BURFORD: And if suddenly your kids want to make salad all the time, you should be wondering. OK.
WINFREY: Yeah. OK. And boo--booty call is pretty common, right?
Ms. BURFORD: Yeah, that's--yeah, that's pretty pervasive.  Yeah, that's an early morning or late-at-night call for sex that involves no real relationship. Maybe 2 AM, guy calls girl, and says, `Meet me at so and so location, we have sex, we leave,' booty call. You all got that, right?
WINFREY: Y'all knew that one, right? OK.
Ms. BURFORD: And then there's the term hoovering, which is a term used for a girl having an abortion, the--the--yes, you get--you get the reference, the sucking of a Hoover vacuum. She's having herself vacuumed out, so to speak.  So these were just a few of the terms that I, you know, heard teens referring to. I got a whole new vocabulary book. You know...
REED: So did I.
Ms. BURFORD: Really.
WINFREY: So what happened when they would say she got hoovered to you?
Ms. BURFORD: She got...
WINFREY: Well, if somebody--if you're talking to somebody in the beginning before you got so hip here...
Ms. BURFORD: Right. Yeah. Before I got hip.
WINFREY: ...yeah, what would you--what would you--if somebody said she got hoovered, you would just say, `What do you mean by that?'
Ms. BURFORD: I said--yeah, `What do you mean? What do you mean?  What does hoovering mean?' And she'd tell me.
WINFREY: Are rainbow parties pretty common?
Ms. BURFORD: I think so. At least among the 50 girls that I talked to, this was--this was pervasive.
WINFREY: Yeah.
Ms. BURFORD: Yeah.
WINFREY: And--and what are the guys saying about all this?
Ms. BURFORD: Well, I didn't talk to guys, but certainly in the experiences that I've had in talking to the boys, they don't see sex--and this should be no surprise to any of us--in the same way that girls see it. They don't see it as a way to feel closer or to have the kind of intimacy that maybe a girl is looking for. They see it as a way to earn stripes or be cool with the other guys.
WINFREY: Yeah.
Ms. BURFORD: And let me tell you something. Girls are doing more giving than they are getting. They are giving the boys the oral sex. Absolutely. Some of the boys aren't even asking them for it and they are offering it.

                Copyright 2003 HARPO PRODUCTIONS INC www.oprah.com
                                        OCTOBER 02, 2003

                   You can hear an wav file of this transcript by linking HERE.  This show aired twice- the first time on October 2nd, 2003, and again on March 18, 2004, at approximately 36 minutes past the hour WE NEED EVERYONE THAT READS THIS TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FCC!
(...)