Why name "Madison" so popular for girls?

Duane Campbell dcamp911 at JUNO.COM
Thu Mar 25 16:28:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:04:27 -0800 James Smith
<jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM> writes:

>We finally
> got down to number 14 (for the 80's) with our third
> daughter, Megan, in 1981, but also caught that name on
> the way up, from 417 in the 60's to  84 in the 70's
> and up to number 10 in the 90's.

We named our daughter, born in 1972, Megan. The name came from a novel I
had read several years before which took place in 19th century Ireland.
We had never known anyone named Megan and there was no pop culture
influence. I clearly remember a nurse at the hospital mentioning what an
unusual name it was. Of course, several of her classmates were named
Megan. I have no idea where it came from.

I am Duane Campbell and I approve this message