E for Effort (1940)

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue May 4 14:33:20 UTC 2004

When I was first getting letter grades (1960s, near Cleveland), it
was A, B, C, D, and F. Early in the 70s (now north of Boston), they
changed the grading system and E stood for Excellent. Even though I
had not experienced a grading system where E was the worst grade, I
found it less than informative.

Barbara Need
UChicago--Linguistics