Best Damn--, Period; Mud in Your Eyes

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon May 10 00:29:47 UTC 2004

BEST DAMN--, PERIOD

THE BEST DAMN + PERIOD--16,400 Google hits, 2,640 Google Groups hits

   I'm familiar with the stupid jock show, "The Best Damn Sports Show, Period."
   I was walking around Greenwich Village and came upon BB Sandwich Bar, 120 West 3rd Street.  It has "The best damn cheese steak.  Period."  Next door to that is "The Best Chinese Qi Gong Back Rub."  (No "period" in the back rub place?)
   Maybe Merriam-Webster can use this?  The Best Damn Dictionary, Period?...Is this really the best damn period for sports shows?  Wouldn't that be the late 1970s?

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Clint Eastwood Trilogy - better transfers than previous ...
Well whatever acronym is used, it's still the best damn western ever
made, period! "There are those of us with loaded pistols, and ...
alt.video.dvd - Oct 7, 1999 by Andy - View Thread (8 articles)

(OCLC WORLDCAT)
Best damn Cisco internetworking book period /
Author: Riley, Charles.; Flannagan, Michael E.
Publication: Rockland, MA : Syngress, 2003
Document: English : Book

The best damn firewall book period /
Author: Shinder, Thomas W.; Carasik, Anne H.
Publication: Rockland, MA : Syngress, 2003
Document: English : Book

(FACTIVA)
A Billion Here, a Billion There
By David F. Kern
1,878 words
Arkansas Business
Pg. 11
v6, n12, Section 1
English
Copyright Journal Publishing, Inc. 1989
(...)
"I had to prove this was the best damn place -- period -- to build it," he says.

MUD IN YOUR EYES

   Seen at Angel Caffe, 135 West 3rd Street (Near the corner of 6th Avenue and West 4 Station), www.angelcaffe.com.  With "Mississippi Mud" this seems like a natural "mud' extension, but the dessert name doesn't seem to have spread.

    DESSERT
RED DAWN
   Red Velvet Cake with Vanilla Ice Cram Topped with Cookies...$5.25
MUD IN YOUR EYES
   Warm Marble Brownie with Ice Cream and Hershey's Kisses...$4.95
ALL CRUMBS
   Warm Apple Caramel Crumb Cake with Ice Cream on Top...$4.95
NEW YORK FINEST
   Moist New York Cheesecake with Cantaloupe Slices...$4.95