Torturegate (May 6); Zionazi (1989); OT: "Feel needed, Barry"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed May 12 02:29:30 UTC 2004

TORTUREGATE

   You knew this "Gate" was coming.  No one person really "coins" this.  A date is better--May 6th.

(FACTIVA)
News; International
Should Rumsfeld Resign?
Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes
2,968 words
Fox News: Hannity & Colmes
English
(c) 2004 FDCH / eMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Welcome to HANNITY * COLMES. I'm Sean Hannity. We get right to our top story tonight, the growing Iraq prison abuse scandal.

Some Democrat are now calling for the resignation of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld over what they are calling torturegate.

ZIONAZI

   I found this while looking for "Torturegate."  The Jews are to blame in that, too!

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: TORTUREGATE & the ZIONAZI CONNECTION
... TortureGate now dominates Washington and has the potential to threaten
the Bush Presidency as the Monica scandal affected Clinton's. ...
aus.politics - May 11, 2004 by zzzzara - View Thread (17 articles)

(FACTIVA)
News
ANTI-SEMITISM RISING IN U.S
By WALTER RUBY; Jerusalem Post Correspondent
585 words
The Jerusalem Post
20
English
(Copyright 1989)
(...)
Foxman also said that almost 10 per cent of the anti-Semitic incidents in 1988 were linked by their perpetrators to the intifada. Grafitti daubed on four Palm Beach, Florida area synagogues included such slogans as "Victory Uprising" and "Abu Jihad", and the spraypainted slogan "Zionazi racists" was found beside swastikas on the wall of the Jewish Students Center at the State University of New York, Binghampton.

OT:  "Feel needed, Barry"

   Yeah, an attorney in New York City with 15 years' experience making below $35 an hour without any benefits whatsoever is "uncommon."  Thank goodness I made up the difference with my etymology earnings.
   When my co-op was in bankruptcy in the 1990s, the paralegals were billing $125 an hour...I asked my doorman (who's had his share of tickets) how much he thinks we make, and he guessed $60-80 an hour...To send just one child to NYU, I'd have to work all year and save every single penny.
   Thanks for "Feel needed," but it's sadly misplaced.

(FACTIVA)
Charging More in 2004; Billing Rates Slightly Up at Texas Firms, But Billable Hours, Salaries Stable
Jeanne Graham
2,673 words
Texas Lawyer
1
Volume 20; Issue 10
(...)
According to this year's Salary & Billing Survey results, average hourly billing rates are $326 for equity partners, a 2.5 percent increase over 2003 rates; $312 for non-equity partners, a 6.1 percent increase; $239 for seventh-year associates, a 4.8 percent increase; $199 for fourth-year associates, a 4.7 percent increase; $153 for first-year associates, a 4.8 percent increase; and $108 for senior paralegals, a 2.9 percent increase.