Gitmo-ize

Clai Rice cxr1086 at LOUISIANA.EDU
Wed May 19 14:22:57 UTC 2004

Another nice example of "-ize" productivity (since I
reported 'questionize' a few weeks ago), from a May 4 DoD
press conference transcript:

Q     Sure.  Thank you, sir.  My follow-up is, when I talked
with Brigadier General Janis Karpinski of the Army Reserve
on Saturday, she talked about -- she told me about your
August and September visit from Guantanamo to Abu Ghraib,
sir.  And I think the word she used was "Gitmo-ized," that
you had come over, in a way, to Gitmo-ize or to make more
like Guantanamo the confinement and also interrogation
practices at Abu Ghraib.

http://www.dod.mil/transcripts/2004/tr20040504-1424.html

--ccr