Update on Annual Meeting arrangements

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 3 00:05:57 UTC 2004

Headquarters at the Linguistic Society agrees with the sentiment that,
despite the strike, the 2005 annual meeting should be at the previously agreed time
and the previously agreed airline destination - i.e. January 6-9 in the San
Francisco Bay Area. A hotel in Oakland now seems the most likely alternative, if
the strike isn't settled soon. LSA has this announcement:

<<A labor dispute in San Francisco may necessitate a change in the site
for the 2005 Annual Meeting. The Secretariat is exploring our options
and will report to the Executive Committee which will decide if a
change is appropriate. Please check this site for updates on the
situation. In light of this, if you have not made airplane and hotel
reservations you may wish to wait a few days before making these
arrangements.>>

Stand by for further developments! - Allan Metcalf, ADS executive secretary

PS. In case you're wondering, ADS is involved in advising LSA, but not in
making the arrangements for hotels. As guests of LSA, we rely entirely on them.