NOT A WORD!

Wed Nov 3 18:25:08 UTC 2004

On Nov 3, 2004, at 9:40 AM, Mark A. Mandel wrote:

> Arnold writes:
>>>>>>

> While I was putting Robert Hartwell Fiske's The Dictionary of
> Disagreeable English: A Curmudgeon's Compendium of Excruciatingly
> Correct Grammar...
>  <<<<<
>
> Arnold is either having a bad day or having a good day; the latter, I
> hope.
> Traditional capitalization!

i was contemplating passing a version of this on to Language Log (and
still am), so i took the trouble to use traditional capitalization from
the start.  next comes html-ization.  (and correction of typos.)

> On the point: well said, Arnold!

<bows>  thank you, mark.

as for the day, i'm tempted to say that it was the best of days, it was
the worst of days, but that would be rather over the top.  i certainly
was *annoyed*.

arnold