CP Time

Thu Nov 4 21:31:17 UTC 2004

On Nov 4, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Dennis R. Preston wrote:

> Wilson, I have heard this for a very long time and from folk who are
> most definitely not boojies (and who definitely do not have /s/ after
> 'person")...

my experience as well.  often self-mockingly used.

more recently -- i might have told this story here already -- my
daughter and i went to the dementia care facility where my partner was
housed for six years, right in time for a holiday party.  the
activities director, a wonderfully outgoing black woman, was a bit
frazzled when we arrived.  monica explained that things weren't put
together yet, laughingly confessing that they were "running on CPT" (my
daughter and i took this as a gesture of trust and solidarity).

oh, i said, we have GPT.

monica dissolved in laughter.  Gay People's Time!, she shouted, i love
it!

of course, monica's a boojie, and she had an overt possessive ending on
"People's".

arnold