nookie

Fri Nov 5 15:52:47 UTC 2004

> BTW, do you recall the song, "Junk-Food Junkie," which had a
> line something like, "Twice as good as an Oreo cookie, almost
> as good as nookie"? I was shocked, shocked to hear "nookie"
> on ordinary FM radio, with no bleeping, since I've always
> felt that this word is obscene. I'm just old-school, I guess.

1. Agree with your characterization of the word.

2.  Here:
http://216.109.117.135/search/cache?p=%22junk+food+junkie&ei=UTF-8&fl=0&u=ww
w.ntl.matrix.com.br/pfilho/html/lyrics/j/junk_food_junkie.txt&w=%22junk+food
+junkie%22&d=FFB733F788&icp=1&.intl=us

are the lyrics of "Junk Food Junkie", as I remember them (amazing how I can
sing along in my head with a song I haven't heard in 20-odd years).  The
lyric you mention isn't in there, and I don't remember it from when the song
was current.  Maybe a different song?  Or did you see Groce perform live,
with an "extended" version?