Al Capp's way with names

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Nov 9 22:39:04 UTC 2004

And don't forget the Little Orphan Annie sendup Sweet Fanny Goony, a comic
strip-within-a-comic-strip that alternated with Fearless Fosdick, in the
days before Capp became a rabid right-winger.  I'll never forget the
"quote" in the title panel of one episode:

Whether you're rich
Or whether you're poor
It's always nice to have money.
(Old proverb)

Peter Mc.

--On Tuesday, November 9, 2004 4:12 PM -0600 "Cohen, Gerald Leonard"