Followup: Re: "Brain" as Slang for "Oral Sex": fun with metonymy

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Nov 11 19:40:50 UTC 2004

On Nov 11, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Barbara Need wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Barbara Need <nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>
> Subject:      Followup: Re: "Brain" as Slang for "Oral Sex": fun with
> metonymy
> --------
>
> I did not see the entire news report, but apparently Chicago buses
> are showing ads with the headline: Read Books! Get Brain! and if I
> saw it correctly, the illustration shows a shapely female from
> behind, bending over a pile of books!
>
> Barbara

Shapely female? From behind, you say? And bending over? Perhaps it was
meant to attract the attention of those of us whose patron is Aphrodite
Kallipyge, the goddess of the fine behind.

-Wilson "Baby Got Back That Azz Up" Gray