Continental Divide

Thu Nov 11 20:35:19 UTC 2004

This doesn't beat your govt documents, but is early . . .

_Rocky Mountain News_, (Denver, CO), Sept 15 1869, p.2
"First, it is eveident that this pest spreads over a large extent of
territory, being found in an east and west direction from the summit of the
continental divide to the Missouri river, and north and sout from central
New Mexico to the Black Hills."