Mexican Lasagna (1976); Siam Rolls

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 14 13:23:49 UTC 2004

Before I left for vacation, I visited two good restaurants on East 29th
Street, between Park and Madison Avenues.

One was IXTA at 48 East 29th Street:
www.ixtarestaurant.com

Another was Wild Ginger at 46th East 29th Street:
Wild Ginger - NYC Restaurant & Menu Guide. Menus, Ratings, Reviews ...
... Vegetarian (3). Wild Game (3). Wild Ginger Thai, Japanese, Sushi,
Pan-Asian & Pacific
Rim 46 E 29th St, New York 10016 Phone: 212-686-3949 Fax: 212-686-3780, ...
www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails. asp?neighborhoodid=16&restaurantid=5205
- 48k - Cached - Similar pages

The restaurant march has continued with Pongsri on Friday and Zona Rosa on
Saturday.

Pongsri Thai Restaurant
Pongsri Thai Restaurant offers a unique variety of daily dishes for lunch and
dinner,
specializing in authentic Thai cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood ...
www.pongsri.com/ - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Zona Rosa - NYC Restaurant & Menu Guide. Menus, Ratings, Reviews. ...... Zona
Rosa Mexican 40 W 56th St, New York 10019 Phone: 212 ... Posted by anonymus
on 08/11/2004 best in ny. The food and service for Zona Rosa is one of the best
in ...
www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails. asp?neighborhoodid=0&restaurantid=5198 -
64k - Cached - Similar pages

SIAM ROLLS

The Thailand Restaurant on Bayard Street, opened in 1972 and part of Pongsri,
claims to be the first Thai restaurant in Chinatown and one of the first in
the city. I ate there a month ago. The uptown place seems a little better in
food and atmosphere.

On the menu was "Saim Rolls" and I had to try them. Surely, these are "Siam"
rolls, another name for "Thai spring rolls"? How could an established Thai
restaurant get that wrong?

They were pretty good, even if they're not in OED ("miserable on  food").

SIAM ROLLS--46 Google hits, 2 Google Groups hits
SIAM ROLL--23 Google hits, 0 Google Groups hits

(GOOGLE)
Appetizers
... sauce, $5.95. A13 - Siam Roll - sticky rice stuffed w/ chicken &
vegetables,
served w/ special coconut cream sauce, $4.95. A14 - Combination ...
www.gotham2go.com/menus/poylaung.html - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Bangkok Cafe Specials
... FRESH SIAM ROLL - Fresh rice paper wrapped with carrot, basil, chopped
iceberg
lettuce, vermicelli, and grilled marinated chicken. ...
www.bangkok-cafe.com/specials.html - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

MealAgent: The Jasmine & Kendall Lounge - Asian - Cambridge, MA ...
... SIAM ROLLS, $5.95. Crispy vegetable spring rolls, served with spicy
turnip sauce. ...
Chicken & beef satay, siam rolls, shrimps roll up, and vegetable tempura.
jasminekendall.mealagent.com/viewRestaurant.html - 14k - Cached - Similar
pages

House of Siam - Dinner
... ginger sauce. 6.95. Siam Rolls Crispy spring rolls with chicken &
vegetable
filling served with chili dipping sauce. 5.50, Shrimp ...
www.houseofsiam.com/dinner.html - 66k - Cached - Similar pages

The Amherst Student Online
... The Siam rolls ($4.95), crispy spring rolls filled with chicken, bamboo
shoots,
water chestnuts and vegetables, arrive steaming hot and are well worth
ordering ...
halogen.note.amherst.edu/ ~astudent/2002-2003/issue18/arts/06.html - 12k -
Cached - Similar pages

MEXICAN LASAGNA

MEXICAN LASAGNA--10,200 Google hits, 294 Google Groups hits

Certainly, hit-worthy of consideration. I've had enough trouble getting
"Mexican pizza" in the revised OED. The expensiv- but-good Zona Rosa has:

Mexican Lasagna
Corn dough, chicken picadillo, quesa Chihuahua and queso Manchego
14

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Fairmount Park not too happy
... you had to buy a meal ticket or else you could'nt even have water or
gatorade,
the food was terrible they were serving nachos, bananas and mexican lasagna.
rec.sport.triathlon - Aug 6, 1995 by Allyn Cutts - View Thread (3 articles)

Re: AMC: Unanswered questions week of July 17
... Well-done [burnt] Mexican Lasagna [left-over cheese with an olive
garnish], Grilled
cheese with so much grease it's a bright yellow color and you can feel your
rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc - Jul 20, 1995 by Kenneth Henderson - View Thread (22
articles)

REQUESTS from Thu, July 13, 1995
Requests from Thursday: Cocoa Powder Brownies Blackened Chicken or Steak
Flour
Tortillas Bonne Femme Fondues Mexican Lasagna Russian dinners for kids Greek
rec.food.recipes - Jul 14, 1995 by Patricia D. Hill - View Thread (1 article)

Re: DESPERATE REQUEST: Veggie Lasagna?
... From the files of DEEANNE ----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.01 Title:
Mexican Lasagna Categories: Vegetarian, Tex-mex, Main dish Yield: 6 ...
rec.food.cooking - Aug 13, 1994 by SirRedhawk - View Thread (3 articles)

Request for Tamale Pie recipe
... Ground Restaurant in Brattleboro, VT. The Tamale Pie reminded me of
Mexican lasagna, if such a thing exists. The menu described it ...
rec.food.cooking - Feb 3, 1994 by Rick Doyle - View Thread (1 article)

Frills
... Not only this, they try to make special meals, like "grilled lemon
chicken cutlet",
"chili pizza", "mexican lasagna" and even "Cap'n crunch chicken" (yes, it ...

alt.college.food - Jan 8, 1994 by jbrooks at husc.harvard.edu - View Thread (1
article)

Re: Lactose Intolerant
... intolerant, and, although Mount Holyoke _tries_ to accomodate me, I find
it hard
to get substantial meals (especially on pizza or Mexican lasagna days) that I
alt.college.food - Nov 16, 1993 by weaverj at woods.ulowell.edu - View Thread (2
articles)

Re: Young Budding Cooks to be
... They've invented many interesting dishes here, my favorites being "
Mexican Lasagna"
and "Porcupine Meatballs." I might be able to live in peace if the coffee ...

alt.college.food - Nov 11, 1993 by When I cannot sing my heart, I can only
speak my mind... - View Thread (4 articles)

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
 Howland Bandwagon  Wednesday, May 19, 1976 Howland, Ohio
...Leclerc 421ManseDDr. Youngstown, 0. MEXICAN LASAGNA 2 Ibs. ground beef,
1..

 News Record    Tuesday, December 08, 1981 North Hills, Pennsylvania
...T8 DEC. 1981 NEWS RECORD MEXICAN LASAGNA testy character of MEXICAN
foods.....made with frozen could be called the MEXICAN version of LASAGNA and is
just..

   Chronicle Telegram   Friday, December 10, 1982 Elyria, Ohio
...Pork Dressing Monday Mealloaf Tuesday MEXICAN LASAGNA Wednesday
Beef.....Stroganoff Thursday (WITH i COMPLETE MEXICAN MENU) ciam Chowder Friday Lake..

 Post Standard  Wednesday, February 22, 1984 Syracuse, New York
...of-the-border cuisine to come up with MEXICAN LASAGNA. Variously known
as.....tamale pie and enchilada MEXICAN LASAGNA uses the same basic..

   Chronicle Telegram   Wednesday, March 05, 1986 Elyria, Ohio
...flour tortillas instead of pasta. MEXICAN LASAGNA 1 pound lean ground
beef.....beef and onions, Drain fat. Stir in MEXICAN-style beans, tomato sauce,
green..

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
Down until later today for "maintenance."