"di?nt" (with glottal stop)

Tue Nov 16 17:53:20 UTC 2004

On Nov 16, 2004, at 6:29 AM, David Bowie wondered:

> From:    "Arnold M. Zwicky" <zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>
>
> ...  (in contrast, /t/ after an accented
> : syllable and before other syllabics  is [depending on your religion]
> : ambisyllabic or syllabified entirely with the following syllable...
>
> Is it too much of an admission of cluelessness to say that i can't tell
> whether this is a typo for "region" or a non-typo?

not a typo.  i was referring to the intense disagreements over
ambisyllabicity.

all that was important for my discussion, though, was the difference
between syllabifying the t as the coda of the preceding syllable and
any other syllabification.

arnold