Police as "pigs"

Wed Nov 17 15:24:24 UTC 2004

OED:

1874 HOTTEN Slang Dict. 253 Pig, a policeman; an informer. The word is now
almost exclusively applied by London thieves to a plain-clothes man, or a
 nose . 1967 C. DRUMMOND Death at Furlong Post v. 63, I had to give the
local P.C. a lift. I dropped the pig at Packenham. 1970 Times 7 Aug. 4/7
 Pig  is slang for a policeman and the defence says that the word  pig  was
scrawled over the doors of the house after the killings.