Movie Quotes; Chrismukkah

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 21 04:18:19 UTC 2004

MOVIE QUOTES

Fred Shapiro probably knows about this, but in the rare case he doesn't,
this was in yesterday's papers.

(GOOGLE NEWS)
    _AFI salutes quotes_
(http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/10217468.htm)
Pioneer Press (subscription), MN -   <NO
... celebration  of 100 years of American movies, to be broadcast in June,
will be "AFI's  100 Years … 100 Movie Quotes: America's Greatest  Quips,
Comebacks and ...
_THE LINE KINGS_ (http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/34508.htm)
<NOBR>New Yor
_AFI will celebrate top 100 movie quotes_
(http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rid=1e50ca76db0afe79&cat=dd8845aa60952db2)  <NOBR>Big News  Netwo
_AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movie Quotes: The most memorable  phrases ..._
(http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=11200)  <NOBR>top40-char
_Zap2it.com_ (http://www.zap2it.com/movies/go?path=/mov
ies/news/story&general_id=23640)  -  _<NOBR>all  36 r »_
(http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=ISO-8859-1&ncl=http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/1021746
8.htm)     _Movie Quotes on AFI Agenda_
(http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15366,00.html)
E! Online, CA -  <NOBR>Nov 17,
... your seatbelts, we're in  for a new countdown from those prolific
list-makers: AFI's 100 Years...100  Movie Quotes: America's Greatest Quips, Comebacks
and  ...

CHRISMUUKAH

There was an article on this in the Friday Wall Street Journal. I was going
to post on it, but everyone beat me to it.

There wasn't anything early in the OC WEEKLY (_www.ocweekly.com_
(http://www.ocweekly.com) ). The following had several  interesting items.

_Cover: Best of OC 2004: Part 5_
(http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/07/best-part5.php)      ... (or blame) The O.C. for adding to the  great American lexicon
"aspirational," "THE Vegas" and "Chrismukkah." 3.  Laguna Beach: The Real
Orange County. MTV, thanks to "unlimited access,"  follows a...Published October
22nd, 2004

_http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/07/best-part5.php_
(http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/07/best-part5.php)
1. Paleteros. "Those elderly men who walk around with ice-cream carts
selling Mexican popsicles. Smiles, freshness and personal history—all for a  buck."

(...)

 If nothing else, praise (or blame) The O.C. for adding to the  great
American lexicon "aspirational," "THE Vegas" and "Chrismukkah."

(...)

DERISIVE OC NICKNAMES

    1.  Fascist Island (Fashion Island)

    2.  Scurvine (Irvine)

    3.  Seizure World (Leisure World)

    4.  F-Town (Fullerton)

    5.  Costa Misery (Costa Mesa)

    6.  Costa Lot (Costa Mesa)

    7.  Garbage Grove (Garden Grove)

    8.  Anaslime (Anaheim)

    9.  Cal State Disneyland (Cal State Fullerton)

    10. Rustin (Tustin)