mark by hand (was: the curious phonology of Wisconsin)

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Tue Nov 23 18:13:13 UTC 2004

/yingling/, stress on first syllable, which make make you even more
Chinese than you thought but is also much closer to the original than
doubtless many horrors you have suffered.

My wife's maiden name was Guagliardo, and reports attempts on it
which managed only to process the fact that is started with /g/;
after that, it apparently went everywhere.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu