sniping?

John McChesney-Young panis at PACBELL.NET
Sun Nov 28 02:51:41 UTC 2004

"Bethany K. Dumas" <dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU> quoted & wrote in part:

>On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, John McChesney-Young wrote:
>
>>  ... the best bet is to give yourself and e-bay time to process the bid(s)
>>in advance of the closing hour, bid what you're willing to pay and hope
>>for the best.
>
>And I have to disagree with your best bet, based on my two weeks of
>experience on eBAY. ...

Just to make it clear, the advice you quoted was not mine but that of
the 1997 Usenet poster, jp (prescojo-- at -ix.netcom.com).

In fact, I agree with you on eBay bidding techniques, although when
I've tried sniping I've rarely succeeded - I think my competitors
were using sniping software rather than doing it manually as I was.

John
--

*** John McChesney-Young  **  panis~at~pacbell.net  **   Berkeley,
California, U.S.A.  ***