snipe (was Re: Assorted comments)

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Sun Nov 28 13:16:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Mullins, Bill wrote:

>I found another context, which I posted here:
>

>http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0411A&L=ads-l&P=R564

Thanks - I read the webpages. I was fascinated by this bit of
misinformation in one story about faculty scheduling:

>The Federalists, and even some members of the faculty, suggest that the
administration's rationale was nonsense; faculty schedules are the same
every week. If the faculty speakers were available last Tuesday at noon,
they would also be available the next Tuesday, at noon, or the Tuesday
after that.<

Of course that is not true. It is generally true that one's teaching
schedule remains constant over a semester - but the times of
department and committee meetings, travel commitments, offcampus speaking
engagements, etc. vary enormously.

Bethany