"Nobody Shoots at Santa Claus"

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Mon Oct 4 20:10:49 UTC 2004

Again my access to ProQuest Historical Newspapers is screwed up.  Is
anyone able to check for me, what is the earliest hit in PQHN for "nobody
shoots at Santa Claus" (date, newspaper, and to whom is it attributed --
if attributed to Alfred E. Smith, was it in a speech and where and when
was the speech delivered)?  I already have it from 20 July 1934 on
Newspaperarchive, but am trying to find out whether PQHN has it earlier.

Fred Shapiro