-dar

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Oct 5 15:46:27 UTC 2004

At 11:33 AM -0400 10/5/04, Mark A. Mandel wrote:
>Google search
>         with all the words "bidar bi"
>         with none of the words "India bank bicycle"
>         pages written in English*
>yields among others the following definition from
>http://serf.org/~jon/soc.bi/faq/b.html:
>
>bidar:
>
>The ability to spot bisexuals just by looking at people (from radar; gaydar
>is also used)
>
>* "written in English" is not as helpful as it might be; this seems to be
>the default for building pages, and the search still returns such as the
>following three successive hits on the second page:

Thanks for the effort; as you could tell from my earlier message I
gave up after looking at a few pages and didn't even try excluding
India and such.  Another move I should have tried was just googling
on bi + bisexual, which provides 98 hits, most (although not all) of
which are relevant ones.  (There was the occasional article referring
to both bisexuality and the Bidar region of India.) I also picked up
a "str8dar" from one of the hits.

larry