Fwd: "sort of" is elitist? (now with data)

Thu Oct 7 12:55:59 UTC 2004

Huh?  This whole discussion is going right past me.  I
use "sort of/sorta" and "kind of/kinda"
interchangably, and so does everyone I hear.  Are ther
really speakers of AmE that can be segregated into
distinct groups based on this factor?  Or is this a
red herring put out by someone in the Bush camp?

=====