Second Oldest Citation for "Personal Computer"

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Thu Oct 7 21:42:06 UTC 2004

Barry Popik has found the earliest known citation for the term "personal
computer."  I believe that was in 1959 from Datamation.

Here is one I discovered* that I believe is the second earliest known:

1962 _Wash. Post_ 26 Aug. B6 (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)  Mauchly, a
pioneer in the digital computer field, predicted recently that in 20 years
businessmen will be carrying personal computers around in their coat
pockets.

* unless Barry already posted this discovery

Fred Shapiro