Call for Nominations: Presidential Honorary Memberships

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 7 22:56:53 UTC 2004

This notice is for members of the American Dialect Society:

   President Michael Montgomery invites nominations of students for three
Presidential Honorary Memberships, to be awarded at our Annual Meeting in January
for the 2005-08 term.
   Presidential Honorary Members are guests at our Annual Luncheon, and more
importantly receive complimentary membership in ADS for four years. The aim of
the awards is to encourage interest and participation of our best prospects.
   Any ADS member may nominate a student, graduate or undergraduate, who
shows outstanding aptitude for and interest in our field. There is no application
form. Instead, send a message detailing the nominee's qualifications, together
with supporting materials if you wish, to Montgomery at
ullans at yahoo.com. You are welcome to send a preliminary inquiry.
   His postal address, if you prefer that, is Department of English,
University of South Carolina, Columbia SC 29208.

- Allan Metcalf, ADS Executive Secretary