Whatever floats your boat (1981)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 9 21:08:48 UTC 2004

FLOATS YOUR BOAT--37,400 Google hits, 43,700 Google Groups hits

Can it be that this is not in the Historical Dictionary of American Slang and
not in the Cassell Dictionary of Slang?

A quick check shows that it's at least from 1981, but I'd have thought it was
from WWII.

I have a day off from parking tickets, so it's off to Victory Memorial
Hospital. What a great life.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
 Marysville Journal Tribune     Friday, August 02, 2002 Marysville, Ohio
...that. Others will delight in WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. You intuitively do
the.....events flow. Don't overplan. Tonight: WHATEVER you find relaxing.
AQUARIUS..

 Post Standard  Monday, June 23, 1986 Syracuse, New York
...would call it boring. But WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. I learned that at
a.....on a track like this. If it's not YOUR it's YOUR tires or something else..

 News Record    Sunday, August 07, 1994 North Hills, Pennsylvania
...diem That is where I see WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT helps Regatta By
Tonya.....activities include the Anything That FLOATS race and awards cere- BOAT
rock..

 News Record    Thursday, July 11, 1996 North Hills, Pennsylvania
...available for WHATEVER activ- ity FLOATS YOUR BOAT From pumping a
paddle.....and tor a saflBOAT to for a pontoon BOAT North BOAT house on Pearce NOD..

 Barnard Bulletin   Wednesday, December 04, 2002 New York, New York
...And if you turn them like WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. But must it be
that.....hours at my job at Barnard you want YOUR neighbors to hear YOUR entire
under..

 News Record    Thursday, June 16, 1994 North Hills, Pennsylvania
...encourage visitors during the WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT Where to rent or
ride.....arrange pick up at a request cafl 363-BOAT. Jet skiers and
recreational..

 Daily Herald   Sunday, September 13, 1981 Chicago, Illinois
...novel or a trash mov- ie. WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. LIBRA 23-Oct.
Cycle.....ble for you to get color prints from YOUR television set. I shortened to
five..
 Daily Herald   Sunday, August 16, 1981 Chicago, Illinois
...way you can. row or read. What- ever FLOATS YOUR BOAT VIRGO 23-Sept.
Full.....oc- cult and other people's Increasing YOUR YOUR intuition and YOUR net
worth..