french fries on the stove

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Tue Oct 12 15:22:34 UTC 2004

     Maybe this is a good lead (or maybe not): A check of Google shows a long list of "Yo' Momma's Insults" listed under "Suzanne's Yo' Momma Jokes," and most of them deal with someone's mother being fat. Sample: "You momma's so fat, she jumped into the ocean, and the whales started singing, 'We are family.'"

   The radio host evidently made his remark about the French fries as an offshoot of those "Yo' momma's insults."  It must have been "get the French fries OFF the stove" (not ON) ; implication: so yo' momma won't eat them all and get even fatter. Extended meaning: Better get everything ready/have everything in order beforehand.

     Or might there have been some sexual reference here that I'm overlooking?
(A number of the insults do have a sexual reference.)

Gerald Cohen