The new Washington DC baseball team

Kathleen E. Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Wed Oct 13 18:06:49 UTC 2004

At 12:00 PM 10/13/2004, you wrote:
>Nice suggestion, Larry!  ESPN obviously needs a serious infusion of
>imagination
>in its team-naming efforts.  Now up here, in Northampton, the women's softball
>teams have truly interesting names.  My particular favorite, "The Red Scare,"
>would work extremely well, I think, for a Washington D.C. baseball team, since
>it carries a political theme evocative of the city's mentality and would
>alliterate beautifully with the name of the corresponding football squad.
>
>Joanne
>
>P.S. The Redskins ARE still in Washington, aren't they?

No ....they're in Landover, Maryland because the mayor was too cheep to let
Jack Kent Cook build the stadium downtown, so Cook decided to go all the
way out in bumblef**k to build it.

My fav suggested name so far - the Potomac Snakeheads - after the our
river's newest species. There's a lot of people pushing for the Greys -
after DC's Negro League Team. No one in DC wants to call it the Senators
again, since we don't HAVE any.

Kathleen E. Miller
Still pouting over what baseball will do to my soccer team