You dirty rat! (1921); SpaHa (Spanish Harlem)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 14 04:35:12 UTC 2004

YOU DIRTY RAT

YOU DIRTY RAT--3,990 Google hits, 1,770 Google Groups hits

Bruce Ratner bought the New Jersey Nets, got rid of all the high-priced
talent for draft picks and cash, and plans to move the team to Brooklyn. Some
people in New Jersey have called him a "dirty Rat."

"Judy Judy Judy" just didn't fit.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
   Washington Post  Sunday, May 08, 1921 Washington, District Of Columbia
...the wall, crying, furiously: "YOU DIRTY RAT It YOU open YOUr face to
me.....in I had to .throw a little scare Into YOU so YOU'd understand what I'm
getting..

 Syracuse Herald/   Saturday, December 01, 1928 Syracuse/, New York/
...Etett releaseci here. Jerry.- YOU DIRTY RAT. say what YOU i I talk to
Jacl.....fjree YOUr- tell. I mean thai unless YOU are rid- sag on YOUr tpirtt.
Unless..

 Key West Citizen   Tuesday, October 28, 1930 Key West, Florida
...am. YOU DIRTY, sly-faced YOU DIRTY, DIRTY RAT mid, 6y Tickers) Where ia
the.....three YOU knew it from the didn't YOU? YOU were tokl when YOU took uie..

   Gettysburg Times     Tuesday, October 28, 1930 Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
...DIRTY, sly-faced RAT YOU DIRTY, DIRTY RAT i (Copyright.. 1930. fay Roy
Vickers.....YOU knew it from the first, didn't YOU? YOU were told my age when YOU
took..

   Nevada State Journal     Friday, June 03, 1932 Reno, Nevada
...of anguished gripped her "YOU DIRTY RAT, YOU" she cried suddenly. "YOU
DIRTY.....DIRTY And with the maddened force of..

 Frederick Post     Wednesday, October 19, 1932 Frederick, Maryland
...leered AND his lips parted. "You DIRTY RAT You may string up but
I'll.....make love to JJonna shearer, James CAGNEY sock a girl, or the Marx brothers..

Pg. 2, col. 3:
"You dirty rat."
("Call of the West" by R. G. Montgomery. Not by Cagney--ed.)

 Bee    Wednesday, October 19, 1932 Danville, Virginia
...bound to admit that business is "YOU DIRTY RAT YOU may string me up but
I'll.....marketing needs his time. "So I'm a DIRTY RAT, "Get it over Stan
snapped..

   Indiana Evening Gazette  Wednesday, October 19, 1932 Indiana, Pennsylvania

...leered and his lips parted, "YOU DIRTY RAT YOU may string me up but
I'll.....willing to take his time. "So I'm a DIRTY RAT, "Get it over Stan snapped..

   Vallejo Times Herald     Saturday, January 19, 1974 Vallejo, California
...revealed that: never said. ''You DIRTY RAT." a phrase inextricably
linked.....reelusive retirement, film great James CAGNEY, 74, met the press here this
week..

 Valley News    Sunday, March 17, 1974 Van Nuys, California
...number with a gangsterish, "You DIRTY RAT. AND so, when Mr. CAGNEY took to
the.....hANDs in time to the music. AND CAGNEY being CAGNEY, he danced A
million..

 Lima News  Wednesday, March 20, 1974 Lima, Ohio
...Frank, I never did say, 'Ummm, you DIRTY RAT. "What I did say was,
'Judy.....tips doing early impersonations of CAGNEY in little roadside joints that..

MISC.

SPAHA (SPAnish HArlem): I've added "SpaHa" to my web site. Is "SpaHa" Spanish
Harlem or a bad place to get a fake tan?

PLEASE KILL ME (continued):
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/100604_ns_enclyopedia.html
Chicago Encyclopedia answers questions about the Windy City