The new Washington DC baseball team

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Fri Oct 15 14:52:35 UTC 2004

From:    Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
: At 3:43 PM -0700 10/14/04, FRITZ JUENGLING wrote:

<snip>

:: Also, I think the Washington Generals were also (besides playing
:: patsy for the Trotters) a team in the Untied States Football League,
:: weren't they, ca. 1985?

: I think those were the New Jersey Generals, who played in the
: Meadowlands.

Fritz was presumably thinking of the Washington Federals, the worst team in
the USFL during the two seasons of their existence (and were nearly the
worst after they moved to Orlando and became the Rengades for a season).

David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx