Who's your daddy?

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Oct 15 19:09:58 UTC 2004

On Oct 15, 2004, at 11:56 AM, Mullins, Bill wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: Who's your daddy?
> --------
>
> Two "pimpumentaries" which show up on HBO and other movie channels are
> "Pimps Up, Hos Down" and "American Pimp" (directed by the Hughes
> brothers,
> and is the better of the two).  I have no idea how close to reality
> either
> of the movies are, but watching either of them gives one a very
> depressing
> look at a very sad business.

I don't have HBO, so I missed them. However, I probably would have not
watched them in any case. It's been my experience that such shows
usually glorify and aggrandize pimps. What's that you say? You didn't
see any such favorable treatment of pimps? If that's what you think,
then you've never known a real pimp.

-Wilson Gray