Bhutanese Red Rice

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 18 07:52:43 UTC 2004

BHUTANESE RED RICE--650 Google hits, 0 Google Groups hits

I'm leaving for Bhutan later this week. I saw in AM NEW YORK, 30 September
2004, pg. 25, col. 1, a review of Rice, 227 Mott Street: "The Bhutanese red rice
is particularly exotic, and the spinach infused green rice makes a great
compliment to the vegetarian meat balls."

It was a nice little place. The Bhutanese red rice was filling.

(GOOGLE)
Bhutanese Red Rice (Lotus Foods)... Irrigated with 1,000 year old glacial
water rich in trace minerals, Bhutanese Red Rice has a nutty/earthy flavor, soft
texture, and a beautiful red russet color ...
www.farawayfoods.com/bhutaneserice.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Rice - Bhutanese Red 15 oz (Dorothy McNett's Place - HappyCookers. ...Coined
as the new darling of the culinary world, Bhutanese red rice has a rich nutty,
earthy favor, soft texture and beautiful red russet color. ...
www.happycookers.com/wc.dll/ products/divulge/3-3554.html - 18k - Cached -
Similar pages

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
 Syracuse Herald Journal    Sunday, August 14, 1983 Syracuse, New York
...is served hot to he munching BHUTANESE RED RICE and a dumpling stuffed
with yak.....a fate that befell nearby Nepal. BHUTANESE of- ficials said.
BHUTANESE..

(IF YOU LIKE) PINA COLADAS

Rod Serling surely must be ready to step out any minute. I just thought to
check my book for "pina colada." I did wonderful work on this popular drink. It
might even make an OED revision soon; it's in Merriam-Webster. Here it is,
"pina colada," one line, under "Rum":

"Well-known rum drinks include the blue whale, the daiquiri, the hurricane,
the mai tai, the pina colada, rum punch, the yellow bird, and the zombie."

Rod? Rod? Are you there? It's me, Barry! ROD???????

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC

WHERE DID BARRY POPIK EAT?--Pam's Real Thai, 404 West 59th Street. The place
got a huge write-up in the New York Times on October 6th. I had conversations
with the couples to the right and left of me; both had read the Times piece.
One stated that this "real Thai" was no better than other places, such as one
at Eighth Avenue and 18th Street (I ate there last month)...Yeah, it seemed
just like your average Thai to me. I have one night in Bangkok on Saturday.