Rochambeau game

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 19 13:00:00 UTC 2004

Okay, so I'm now not sure about the Beavis & Butthead connection.  Their gym
teacher's famous  "Kick me in the jimmy!" line is what I was thinking of.  I
don't think they ever actually called it "roshambo", though.

Here are the relevant South Park quotes (from http://southpark.unas.cz/ ).  I
don't know if the [bracketed] lines are in the shooting script, or if this is
just a transcription:

South Park Ep. 112: Mecha Streisand:
Cartman: Well, I guess we'll have to roshambo for it.
Pip: What do you mean?
Cartman: Well. First I kick you in the nuts as hard as I can, then you kick
me in the nuts as hard as you can, and we keep going back and forth until
somebody falls. The last one standing gets the arrowhead.
Pip: Oh. By, weh. I suppose if I must.
Cartman: Okay, ready? I'll go first. [back up, then runs at Pip, and kicks
him in the nuts. Pip goes down in pain. The other kids laugh]
Pip: Well-uh I, I guess you win.

South Park Ep. 512: Here Comes the Neighborhood
Cartman: Well, let's just play our game, then.
Kyle: Alright.
Cartman: Alright, I'll start. I'll kick you in the nuts, Kenny! [goes over
and kicks Kenny in the nuts - Roshambo has begun!]
Kenny: (Ow!)
Kyle: I'll kick you in the nuts, Stan! [goes and does so. Kenny kicks Cartman
in the nuts. Cartman returns the favor]
Stan: I'll kick you in the nuts, Cartman! [leaves Kyle and kicks Cartman in
the nuts. When he turns around Kenny kicks him in the nuts.]
Cartman: Kick his nutsack! [kicks Kyle in the nuts. Stan kicks Kenny in the
nuts. Token rides up and stops to watch the boys while the game continues.

-doug
-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham
Department of Linguistics