Rochambeau game (YAMBO); My Book (continued)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 19 18:08:31 UTC 2004

YAMBO

Craig Kilborn, formerly host of The Late, Late Show, played a game called
YAMBO with some of his guests. Perhaps people were thinking of this?

MY BOOK

Perhaps I've confused S.O.S. with S.O.L. Sorry.

Someone just gave me an article about Turducken. I've written about this.
It's not in the book.

Let's try jimmies/sprinkles. Nope, not in my book on American food.

"Food Songs." Perhaps the most famous one is "Oh where, oh where has my
little dog gone?" about the ingredients of the hot dog. Not here.

"Thousand Island Dressing." 1916. Why did I even bother to post anything?

"Waitron." Should be here under "slang" or an article on food servers. Nope.

"Soda drinks." Surely, there will be an American speech map of "soda" and
"pop." But there's nothing! "Pop" isn't even in the index.

Gotta go to the Oxford event right now. I'll try not to seem too happy.