hardest to pronounce

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Fri Oct 22 15:46:33 UTC 2004

        It's claimed that the most difficult tongue-twister is "The seething sea ceaseth and thus the seething sea sufficeth us."  If it's new to you, I think you'll find it impressively difficult; it's certainly harder than "The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick," which I believe is the choice of The Guinness Book of World Records.  It seems to be the word "sufficeth" that most consistently trips people up.  However, the word may not manage the same level of difficulty on its own.

John Baker