prissy, 1842 (?)

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Oct 22 19:24:01 UTC 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 7:51 AM, Dennis R. Preston wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Dennis R. Preston" <preston at MSU.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: prissy, 1842 (?)
> --------
>
>> I remember, and I can hambone, so proficiently that I also remember
>> bright red legs (inside, just above the lnees) from overdoing it.
>

> dInIs

And, as fate would have it, the last person that I saw with my own eyes
doing the hambone was a white man, Gary Busey, the actor, on a show
that aired on Comedy Central a while ago. He was pretty good at it,
too. Of course, given that Gary is also a native of East Texas, I
wouldn't have expected less.

-Wilson