Fwd: Catch the less vs. fewer explanation in the middle

Sun Oct 24 19:46:00 UTC 2004

[yes, i'm sort of working my way backwards through e-mail, which has
been piling up these last two weeks while i was afflicted with an
asthma attack -- awful smoke in the air from forest fires in northern
california -- and gastroenteritis (probably Norwalk virus, which has
afflicted my daughter, son-in-law, two of their closest friends, and my
granddaughter, oi).  in any case, those of you who collect People in
The Street responses to linguistic usages might want to look at this
site, which is primarily directed at baby care, but, like many
discussion groups on topics that have nothing to do with language,
easily erupts into collections of linguistic pet peeves.  is anyone
collecting this stuff?  dInIs?]

Begin forwarded message: