FW--message from Reinhold Aman, editor of Maledicta

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Wed Oct 27 01:51:41 UTC 2004

Today I received the e-mail below from Reinhold Aman, editor of the unique
linguistic journal _Maledicta_. Reinhold's endeavor is deserving of any support that comes its way, and he has all my best wishes in his effort to revive it. Our field is richer because of his efforts. His e-mail address, btw, is aman at sonic.net

    No course on the lexicon is complete without at least mention of Reinhold's work, and I always devote a lecture to him and Maledicta in my Etymology course. And in my German course, if anyone says that John Kennedy's famous Berlin speech included the line (in German), "I am a jelly doughnut"
("Berliner" can mean "jelly doughnut"), I bring in Reinhold's article on the subject the next day to set them straight.

Gerald Cohen