Taxachusetts (1952); "Passerbys" in Gothamist

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 1 03:54:22 UTC 2004

TAXACHUSETTS

TAXACHUSETTS--5,700 Google hits, 4,240 Google Groups hits

LAist.com says that "Taxachusetts" will be a big buzz word in this election. It really hasn't.

It's also not new...Will it make the HDAS?

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Plea for snippage
... You should have been up where I was! My current hometown here in Taxachusetts
only got rain, or at least that's what I heard once I got back. ...
alt.tv.firefly - Nov 20, 2002 by Feek O'Hanrahan - View Thread (44 articles)

Small Government News* Tuesday, November 19, 2002
... A TIDAL WAVE OF NEWS COVERAGE +++ From the Wall Street Journal on 11/07/02: "An
amazing 46% of voters in the state formerly known as Taxachusetts voted to ...
alt.fan.states.massachusetts - Nov 20, 2002 by litehouse1776 at yahoo.com - View Thread (1 article)

Re: Is a 17 week old fetus a person?
Here in Taxachusetts there was a case where a drunken driver cost
a woman to lose her unborn baby. The woman and her husband were ...
alt.politics.democrats - Nov 20, 2002 by John H. Fisher - View Thread (83 articles)

(NEXIS) (last two years)
  46. The Boston Herald, October 4, 2002 Friday, ALL EDITIONS, NEWS;, Pg. 006, 534 words, CAMPAIGN 2002; Romney paints O'Brien with tax-hike brush, By ELISABETH J. BEARDSLEY
  47. The Boston Globe, October 4, 2002, Friday, ,THIRD EDITION, Pg. B3, 547 words, ROMNEY FAULTS O'BRIEN ON TAXES, By Rick Klein, and Yvonne Abraham, GLOBE STAFF
  48. The Boston Herald, September 29, 2002 Sunday, ALL EDITIONS, EDITORIAL;, Pg. 025, 788 words, OP-ED; FORUM;

(PROQUEST NEWSPAPERS)
PRO BASKETBALL BY BOB RYAN; CELTICS SEEKING CHANGES? LET'S HOPE NOT; [FIRST Edition]
Bob Ryan. Boston Globe (pre-1997 Fulltext). Boston, Mass.: Jan 6, 1980. p. 1
. . . We may live in Taxachusetts, but at least we have some dignity.

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
  Portsmouth Herald  Wednesday, October 22, 1969 Portsmouth, New Hampshire
...today or go down the same road as 'TAXACHUSETTS'." Open House Slated at.....many of its disgruntled citizens as 'TAXACHUSETTS'." "Of course, New..

  Lowell Sun  Saturday, January 29, 1966 Lowell, Massachusetts
...years ago some one was talking about "TAXACHUSETTS." How true The World's Week..

  Post Standard  Friday, March 06, 1964 Syracuse, New York
...a the so-called and do-gooders. Un- 'TAXACHUSETTS' and first gweepstakei Sept..

  Berkshire Eagle  Tuesday, October 13, 1959 Pittsfield, Massachusetts
...that is, as long as it is out of TAXACHUSETTS. Eventually public opinion..

  Appeal Democrat  Tuesday, April 21, 1959 Marysville, California
...of Massachusetts has been labelled "TAXACHUSETTS." Spending, taxa tion, and..

  Berkshire Evening Eagle  Wednesday, April 16, 1952 Pittsfield, Massachusetts
...garbed in a barrel which was labelled "TAXACHUSETTS mink coat." Accord ing to..

  Portsmouth Herald  Tuesday, August 12, 1969 Portsmouth, New Hampshire
...bedroom tovms" refugees drooling from TAXACHUSETTS have congregated in However..

"PASSERBYS" IN GOTHAMIST

Jen Chung of Gothamist used "passerbys" in her latest post. I was going to correct that, but I see that she was already corrected by ADS member "William Safire."

That's it. I'm not taking her with me to Bhutan.