wide array of death euphemisms

Wed Sep 1 19:09:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Grant Barrett wrote:

#I am less concerned with our correspondent's lack of punctuation, capitals,
#correct orthography, and decorum because I understood her message to be "do a
#lot of work for me for no explained reason." That, in itself, is enough reason
#to ignore her.

I hope she is reading the list and sees other people's responses to her as
well as my own off-list one.

#
#(Can I get my hands on that Singlish data lah? Some of its patterns are very
#catching, waaah! Definitely ear- and eye-opening to an ang moh.)

Ha! I'm afraid you have to apply to ScanSoft for that data now.

My record of the file is as follows:

 SINGENG98.OUT
\\DRAGRES01\ADG\ARCH-DIR\WORLDENG\singapor
  Eng-Singapore '98
  12 vols
  5935 MiB (binary megabytes: 2^20, not 10^6)
  39.2 hrs
  293 files
  79 spkrs

-- Mark A. Mandel
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]