D 'N' B (Drum and Bass)

Steve Kl. stevekl at PANIX.COM
Tue Sep 7 16:34:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Brenda Lester wrote:

> My son, the DJ Psyence, calls it "drum n' bass." Others are "techno,"
>"trance," "house (music)," "breakbeat," "ambient," "trip-hop," "acid
>jazz," "funky breaks," "nu-school breaks," "jungle," ragga," to name a
>few. He said, "Mom, it would take me forever to name the all the genres
>and subgenres."

For a listing of hundreds of subgenres, each with commentary and music
samples, check out.

http://www.ishkur.com/music/

and click on "Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music"

It's the most complete listing I've ever seen, and as one who listens to a
lot of electronic music, I think he does a really good job of
subcategorizing and subsubcategorizing.

- Steve