"...% of statistics are made up on the spot"

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 8 19:56:52 UTC 2004

Google Groups has a couple pre-1990 posts with a version in the sig line; the
earlist is on 11/5/1987:

"17.82 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot."

There's also a post from 3/21/86 with the different, but related, thought that
"43% of all statistics are worthless."

Jeff Prucher