"What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas"

Ron Southerland ronster42 at SHAW.CA
Tue Sep 14 15:33:13 UTC 2004

--On Tuesday, September 14, 2004 1:12 AM -0400 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

| WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS-- 5,100 Google hits, 345 Google Groups hits
| WHAT HAPPENS IN LAS VEGAS--389 Google hits, 46 Google Groups hits

<...>

| (GOOGLE GROUPS)
| Re: Scullies and Mulders
| ... I'm not sure I can share with you the details as I was informed that "
| What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." -- Boondoggler "There's nothing
| wrong with his ...

<...>

An analogous usage from hockey much heard especially from late 2003 till
now wrt the vicious hit by Todd Bertuzzi (Vancouver Canucks) on a player
from the Colorado Avalanche is--'What happens on the ice stays on the ice.'
As it happens, this didn't. Criminal charges have been laid against
Bertuzzi.

An earlier reference (August 10, 1999) from an NHL Players Association web
page is --

”It’s a tough job,” said Oliwa. “You ask anybody in the league that does
that for a living. But you have respect for each other and what happens on
the ice stays on the ice.”

<http://nhlpa.com/Content/FEATURES/feature_stories.asp?ID=1674>

--
Ron Southerland