"There's a saying..." (Part One)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 16 07:03:30 UTC 2004

I've been searching Google for "There's a saying..." That should bring out
the most popular ones.

Here are some that I haven't covered before. I'll do more work on a few of
them later.
    PopCultureShock Features :: Aaliyah - The Star That Burns ...... Matrix.
There's a saying that goes, "The star that burns twice as bright burns half as
long." And Aaliyah burned oh so mighty bright. ...
www.popcultureshock.com/features.php?id=5 - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

About AFFIRM... by Lisa Rabasca. "There's a saying that when gay & lesbian
individuals come out of the closet, their parents & relatives go in.". ...
naples.cc.sunysb.edu/CAS/affirm.nsf/pages/about - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

NOVA | The Elegant Universe | Sylvester James Gates, Jr. | PBS... “There’sa
saying that old physicists accept new ideas when they die.”. There's a saying
that old physicists accept new ideas when they die. ...
www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/view-gates.html - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

09-20-02news1
... He said there's a saying making the rounds in education circles, "A
farmer
doesn't make his cow any fatter by weighing it more often." Superintendent
Van Riley ...
www.ojaivalleynews.com/issues2002/ 09-20-02/09-20-02news1.html - 6k - Cached
- Similar pages

Message Boards - Connect - Alloy Online
... There's a saying that goes "if we could choose who we loved, it would be
far easier,
but far less magical." Sorry, I really am done now. Posted by: Emily, ...
appjava.alloy.com/messageboard/ReplyDisplay. jsp?catid=7&subcatid=71&
messageid=121024 - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

The Sunday Times Magazine, 1997
... and you're really alone. There's a saying in Zen that, like pebbles in a
bag, the monks polish each other. You get very close when ...
www.webheights.net/speakingcohen/st97.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Most young ladies go weak at the knees at the sight of BEN AFFLECK ...
... offered a free night's stay! * There's a saying that there are no small,
parts only small actors. Then there's MATTHEW McGRORY, who's ...
www.choicesvideo.co.uk/starchat.htm - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

Interview With Dan Farmer - 00.09 (Sidebar)
... such a bind right now. There's a saying -- never try to apply a technical
solution to a social problem. With the Internet we have ...
www.theatlantic.com/issues/2000/09/mann-farmer.htm - Similar pages

Moneywise - canada.com network
... Rob Davidson. Driver's Edge. August 31, 2004. There's a saying in the car
business:
there's a buyer for every car and a car for every buyer. ...
www.canada.com/finance/moneywise/
story.html?id=153885d1-98de-4087-a33a-a0dd4c011934 - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

A bird in the hand is... priceless - MAY 30, 2004
... of the sun on the skin. There's a saying I read somewhere long ago, that
one should 'water one's good seeds'. I figured that if I ...
www.straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/ columnist/0,1886,84-253552-,00.html - 49k -
Cached - Similar pages

Bad Culture
... stretches the truth now and again. But there's a saying in journalism.
"One
is an event. Two is a coincidence. Three is a trend." And ...
www.badculture.com/archives/000148.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

deseretnews.com | A simple gift: Advance planning will make things ...
... legal fees. "There's a saying: 'You really don't know family members till
you go through an estate proceeding,' " Ferrone says. "But ...
deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,450022803,00.html - 26k - Sep 15, 2004 -
Cached - Similar pages

Who's the Dummy?
The 21st Annual Ventriloquist Convention. There's a saying that all you
need are two ventriloquists and you've got a convention. ...
desires.com/1.6/Style/Ventril/ventril.html - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

=8> NoMoa.com/bsd OpenBSD a networking solution
... There's a saying: The most dangerous part in a car, is the nut loose
behind the
wheel (the driver.) These notes are not going to show you how to setup a
secure ...
www.nomoa.com/bsd/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

DC Dispatch | 2001.09.11 | Powers
... A bit later, Gupta produces a fabulous aphorism: "There's a saying in
Silicon Valley
that says, 'If the wind blows hard enough, even turkeys can fly.' And the ...

www.theatlantic.com/politics/nj/powers2001-09-11.htm - Similar pages

Creative Latitude: Articles
... never met. Create a plan There's a saying, "Plan your work and work your
plan." Wise words. Grab a pencil and legal pad. Here's ...
www.creativelatitude.com/ articles/articles_tort_starting_biz.html - 32k -
Cached - Similar pages

The Five Oranges
... Courts often throws them out, leaving you with no will at all. There's a
saying:
"Pies should be home-made, for a will you need an attorney.". ...
www.mfinley.com/clients/Kiplingers.htm - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

Re: Working on glossary from Graham Klyne on 2001-09-12 (w3c ...
... resource". (There's a saying that there's no problem in software
engineering
but can be solved by an additional level of indirection. ...
lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ w3c-rdfcore-wg/2001Sep/0134.html - 14k - Cached
- Similar pages

News: Stankovic: Chievo Match A Step Forward - SoccerAge
... In my country there's a saying: 'Who doesn't kill you makes you
stronger', so let's
hope that from now on we can start playing better and earn a lot of points.
www.soccerage.com/en/13/t8455.html - 52k - Cached - Similar pages

So Many Roads
Jim Vaccaro (Managing Editor, The Book & The Computer). There's a saying:
if you don't know where you're going, all roads lead there. ...
www.honco.net/100day/01/2000-0203-vaccaro.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Re: GNOME colors
... Sooner or later, flash runs out of steam, and they'll go on to something
else. There's
a saying in architecture: "If you can't make it good, make it big. ...
mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/ 2000-December/msg00066.html - 8k -
Cached - Similar pages

The Sun News | 07/30/2004 | Blue Dogs find fans in Texas
... Posted on Fri, Jul. 30, 2004. I M A G E S. Blue Dogs find fans in Texas.
KENT KIMES -
NIGHT CAP. There's a saying that no man is a legend in his hometown. ...
www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/
entertainment/nightlife/9279339.htm - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

What does a Buddhist Monastic Know about Real Life, Anyway?
... There's a saying in Japan: "There's many a shaven head surrounding a
hairy mind."
When you enter the monastery gate, all your struggles with your parents don't
www.buddhistinformation.com/ what_does_a_buddhist_monastic_kn.htm - 15k -
Cached - Similar pages

Floor Statement: On the Nomination of Charles Pickering
... There's a saying that if you see a dog and a cat eating from the same
dish, it might
look like a compromise, but you can bet they're eating the cat's food. ...
edwards.senate.gov/statements/20031030_pickering.html - 7k - Cached - Similar
pages

> WorldNetDaily: PR for the Blue Star

... 2004 WorldNetDaily.com. He looked me straight in the eye and said that in
Israel there's a saying: "America, 9-11. Israel, 24x7.". ...
www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38202 - 24k - Cached -
Similar pages
[ More results from www.worldnetdaily.com ]

Vault: Advertising & PR... There's a saying people use to explain the
difference between advertising and PR: "Advertising you pay for, PR you pray for."
That's at the heart of the ...
www.vault.com/nr/newsmain.jsp?nr_page=3& ch_id=265&article_id=20025&
cat_id=1021 - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

Psychology expert says hope helps people persevere through ...... "The media,
in my estimation, is not doing us any favor by continuing to play these
disaster images," Snyder said. "There's a saying that bad news sells. ...
www.ur.ku.edu/News/01N/DecNews/Dec19/snyder.html - 10k - Cached - Similar
pages