"There's a saying..." (Part Two)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 16 07:05:05 UTC 2004

More sayings from the internet.

Psychology expert says hope helps people persevere through ...... "The media,
in my estimation, is not doing us any favor by continuing to play these
disaster images," Snyder said. "There's a saying that bad news sells. ...
www.ur.ku.edu/News/01N/DecNews/Dec19/snyder.html - 10k - Cached - Similar
pages

California recall election may become sequel to Florida debacle ...
... and problems. There's a saying among election officials: They don't care
who wins, as long as they win by a landslide. "If some ...
www.roundupnews.com/.../18/News/California.
Recall.Election.May.Become.Sequel.To.Florida.Debacle-450882.shtml - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

Fashion and Etiquette
... Look the Part. There's a saying: "Don't trust a skinny chef." What lesson
could
you learn from this innocent expression? Second Interview Dressing. ...
interview.monster.com/archives/fashion/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Typophile Forums: Eidolon
... Someone made a comment earlier about it having a Tim Burton feel...
there's
a saying in art: There are no ugly colors, only combinations. ...
www.typophile.com/forums/messages/29/2268.html - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

More Questions Re: Torque and HP - General Chat - Car Forum ...
... Sonreir. I understand how torque and hp are related (at east I think I
do). I also
know that there's a saying, "There's no replacement for displacement". ...
www.car-forums.com/archive/t2522.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Top US Military Planner Fears a 'Likely' Repeat of Somalia ...
... that could cost the US dearly. "There's a saying in military circles: We
always fight the last war. It means that too much focus ...
www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0315-08.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.commondreams.org ]

Buying used for your first RV
... Lazarony • Bankrate.com. There's a saying among people who drive
recreational
vehicles: The first RV is the wrong one. "I don't ...
www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20010220a.asp - Similar pages

MemeFirst: The Death of Language
... ethics. Posted by: mike from 207.24.91.5 on March 29, 2004 10:58 PM. #3.
There's a saying - learn a language develop a new soul. I ...
www.memefirst.com/000409.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

Change jobs, and become your own boss. Have a better life, and ...
... There's a saying: You'll never get rich, digging another man's ditch. Not
every
self-employed person makes a lot of money. In fact, many make less than
before. ...
www.inst.org/job.htm - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Sharad ' s FRIEND S Page . Friends Monica, Rachel, Pheobe, Joey ...... Yeah!
TIDBITS AND MISC. : Who will make the Best GirlFriend : There's a Saying that
"Girlfriend's are supposed to look good, wives are supposed to be useful". ...

www.angelfire.com/me/SharadTheGenius/ SharadsFriendsPage.html - 28k - Cached
- Similar pages

OnlineOrganizing.com -- How To Write Direct Mail That Works... This is a
mistake. There's a saying "Brochures are sent by companies, letters are sent by
people." You need a letter because a letter is personal. ...
www.onlineorganizing.com/Organizer_ Article_Direct_Mail_That_Works.htm - 12k
- Cached - Similar pages

HFA [ Stop Slaughterhouse Abuse ]... It is why many of us quit meat
altogether. There's a saying, "If slaughterhouses were made of glass, we'd all be
vegetarians.". Gail ...
www.hfa.org/hot_topic/interview.html - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Gov. Rowland Touts Benefits of Outsourcing
... Commenting on the difficulties facing Connecticut, Geringer said, "
There's a saying
in the West: The pioneers get the arrows, the settlers get the land." A ...
www.washingtontechnology.com/ news/13_23/state/398-1.html - 38k - Cached -
Similar pages

Tyrone Willingham: THE FIRST BLACK HEAD COACH - The Observer ...... "There's
a saying on our football team that a man with a backbone is more valuable than
a thousand with a wishbone," the coach said. ...
www.ndsmcobserver.com/.../20/DiversityAtNotreDame/
Tyrone.Willingham.The.First.Black.Head.Coach-612740.shtml - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

Murray may never be free from Bernardo's legacy... "There's a saying (among
prosecutors) that, if you can't convict them, at least you can ruin their
lives," Murray said in a recent interview. ...
www.canoe.ca/CNEWSLaw0006/13_murray.html - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

Depth a Question Up Front - The Daily Californian... a freshman.". "There's a
saying that for every freshman you put on the field, it will cost you one
game," Dutton said. "But (Jonathan ...
www.dailycal.org/article.php?id=3007 - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

Advertising as science... shame. "There's a saying in advertising that half
of every advertising dollar is wasted, but you don't know which half," she
says. ...
www.apa.org/monitor/oct02/advertising.html - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

Turning Chinese: A Taste of the Center of the World... There's a saying
(which I very much doubt originated with Confucius) that, 'wherever the Chinese go,
they open restaurants.' I mean, where in the world have ...
www.visitseoul.net/english_new/ seoul_seoul/e_main_20010926_main_f.htm - 10k
- Cached - Similar pages

THEM Anime Reviews 4.0 - Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango... There's a
saying in Japan, "Hana yori dango," that literally means, "dumplings before
flowers", with the connotation that a girl would rather prefer practical ...
www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=129 - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Japanese Girls and Being a Foreigner... There's a saying in Japan that 'the
nail which sticks out further than the others will be hammered down', and this
just about sums up Japanese life, unless of ...
kawama.tzo.com:1023/kris/jgirls2.html - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

westword.com | A Cut Above | 1996-05-02
... There's a saying in Japan that when the rice is wrong, the meal is wrong,
but these infractions were too minor to truly mar our dinner. ...
www.westword.com/issues/1996-05-02/cafe2.html - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Mexico Rugby | Planeta... embraced, no blocking and rolling. There's a saying
in rugby that it's a ruffian's game played by gentlemen. I hope this has
cleared ...
www.planeta.com/ecotravel/sports/rugbymex.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

WHATEVER: Reader Request 2004 #5: Objective Newspeople
... the article too. There's a saying in journalism: If both sides are angry
at you, you must have done something right. That saying ...
www.scalzi.com/whatever/archives/000757.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Fast Company | Andy Brown Wants You!
... Marine standard. There's a saying: "The more you sweat in peace, the less
you bleed in war." That goes for recruiters too. Once ...
www.fastcompany.com/magazine/25/andybrown.html - 23k - Sep 15, 2004 - Cached
- Similar pages
[ More results from www.fastcompany.com ]

PMag v16n2p10 -- Altered States: Latvian Security... Andres Kahar There's a
saying in prize fighting: everyone has a plan until the moment they get hit.
This adage has some resonance for policy-makers in Latvia. ...
www.peacemagazine.org/archive/v16n2p10.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

MORE ABOUT CONNECTIONS05/29/2002 - MORE ABOUT CONNECTIONS. [BACK] There's a
saying in legal circles that a judge is a lawyer with a politician for a
friend. ...
www.hollywoodlitsales.com/ cf/journal/dspJournal.cfm?intID=1823 - 18k -
Cached - Similar pages

Dealerscope (dealerscope.com) (9/1/01): E-Tailing<br> Liquid ...
... By Tatyana Sinioukov. "In retail, there's a saying, 'A fast nickel is
better than
a slow dime,' " said Patrick Byrne, CEO and president, Overstock.com. ...
www.dealerscope.com/doc/280706759568026.bsp - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons... 7.) There's a saying in the
military...."Fuck up and Move up". Captain Scarlet may be the hero of this series but he
fits the example. ...
www.badmovieplanet.com/inferno/archives/cptscarlet.html - 22k - Cached -
Similar pages

Article... Great golf, fine food, and prizes galore at the OTDA's annual
charity event. There's a saying that there's no such thing as a bad day golfing.
www.autoserviceworld.com/.../ISarticle.asp?id=152356& story_id=21195135527&
issue=06012004&PC=TW - Similar pages

MOBIUS: An Incomplete Education... WEEK SIX, DAY FOUR: There's a saying that
a smooth shoot makes a bad film, and while I doubt that to be a universal
truth, it's the case here as I'm ...
www.mhvf.net/aie/archive/aie-040608.shtml - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

The Times of Acadiana - Acadiana's Weekly Newspaper... "There's a saying in
politics that if you're explaining, you're losing," Bennett says. "Reporters
didn't want to hear about me as a candidate. ...
www.timesofacadiana.com/html/ 922E179A-16F6-46D7-A423-76A2B991378B.shtml -
32k - Cached - Similar pages

KRT Wire | 08/31/2004 | Adopting `problem' children may be perfect ......
that. It's the nature of things. "There's a saying that police and social workers
have: If you want to be loved, be a fireman. We ...
www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/nation/9543549.htm - 35k - Cached - Similar
pages

Silent Star - Fellowship of Christian Athletes... It's who you put yourself
with," Fitzgerald said. "(There's a saying that) nothing good happens after
12:00 and that's true. It's ...
www.christianity.com/partner/Article_Display_Page/
0,,PTID2666%7CCHID101233%7CCIID1667034,00.html - 59k - Cached - Similar pages

TMF: Personal Profiles
... There's a saying in the British Royal Air Force that investors need to
remember:
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold
boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=8197929 - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

The Daily Northwestern - Evanston company helps Fortune pick top ...
... "There's a saying that good families aren't very interesting, but bad
ones are
very unique," Clark said. "That's not true with businesses. ...
www.dailynorthwestern.com/vnews/ display.v/ART/2003/10/03/3f7cfc0ce20b0 - 18k
- Cached - Similar pages

Re: The Boy in the Bubble
... There's a saying in life, "Don't let your mouth write a check that your
butt can't cash." Until he found himself in a position where he was solely
responsible ...
rec.music.gdead - Sep 13, 2004 by Dave - View Thread (5 articles)

Re: RASI RIP
... Who has taken on all comers, given no quarter, gave as good as they got?
- At the top of the list, there's a saying: "young, dumb, and full of cum".
rec.autos.sport.indy - Sep 1, 2004 by Jeff Parsons - View Thread (9 articles)

Re: His name is Frogbutt and he wants you to believe he's not a ...
... my case. There's a saying, winners never quit, quitters never win, but
those who are stupid never win and never quit. Honestly, that ...
alt.config - Aug 26, 2004 by Onideus Mad Hatter - View Thread (140 articles)

Re: Orders of Fault Management
... (:-)) There's a saying: "A *bug* becomes a *feature* when you document
it." In that case, one might debate the economics of trying to remove "all
bugs". ...
comp.lang.ada - Jul 28, 2004 by Puckdropper - View Thread (8 articles)

Re: beer and wine mixed drink?
... Warren Place On a night out when mixing drinks, there's a saying I heard
that goes something like this: "beer before wine--you'll feel fine! ...
rec.crafts.brewing - Jul 19, 2004 by Blonde Bear - View Thread (30 articles)

Re: Dealer Replacing Damaged Bumper on 2005 Escape Lmtd
... If you're an electrical engineer (EE), there's a saying, "You can't spell
geek without a double 'e'. " In racing, we also have a saying.... ...
rec.autos.tech - Jul 8, 2004 by Finite Guy - View Thread (15 articles)

Re: Is The Coast of California On The Move?
... shapes in clouds. There's a saying I've always liked: you don't want to
be so open-minded that your brains fall out. But if that's ...
sci.geo.earthquakes - Jun 30, 2004 by susan hough - View Thread (28 articles)

Re: Setting up a company question.
... then I will look into that. There's a saying in the offshore world:
separate your ass from your assets. In other words, hold the ...
uk.legal.moderated - Jun 9, 2004 by Marshall Rice - View Thread (10 articles)

Re: A mere slap on the hand?
... There's a saying in the service: "Shit rolls downhill." Trust me, there's
a big pile of it ready to roll over the other morons involved. ...
soc.culture.israel - May 19, 2004 by Roberta Hatch - View Thread (75
articles)

Re: [ASFR][Story] 63-15-40 by Cynetta Cynthia Cynclaire
... There's a saying I like about Yosemite National Park: "It is where the
smartest bears encounter the dumbest humans." If you've visited there, you know
what I ...
alt.sex.fetish.robots - May 4, 2004 by 0mn1vore - View Thread (18 articles)

Re: [OT] What criminals really fear
... There's a saying among security experts -- "A lock's only there to keep
an honest
man honest." -- Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com Josie ...
rec.arts.sf.written - Mar 23, 2004 by Sean O'Hara - View Thread (1002
articles)

Re: Splenda tablets - Why can't Johnson & Johnson sell them in ...
... There's a saying in toxicology, "the dose determines the poison." Almost
everything
is toxic in large enough amounts, and non-toxic in small enough amounts. ...
alt.support.diet - Mar 20, 2004 by jamie - View Thread (80 articles)