"The worms they crept in"

Patty Davies patty at CRUZIO.COM
Thu Sep 16 22:44:10 UTC 2004

Hello George - as soon as I read this line, I remembered this from my
elementary school years, in Ventura County (Santa Paula) in Southern
California.  This would have been around 1962-1963.  There were a couple
verses and there was a real sing-song way we used to recite it:

   The worms crept in, the worms crept out
    in your mouth and out your snout

There were more verses than this and I used to know them all :)   It
definitely had to do with dead bodies.

Patty Davies