celebumom, skeezy

Jonathon Green slang at ABECEDARY.NET
Sat Sep 18 17:23:35 UTC 2004

>> "Skeezy" fills in the space between its near-synonyms "scuzzy",
>> "sleazy",
>> and "skeevy", I guess.
>>
>> -- Doug Wilson

'skeezy' is the adj. of slang 'skeeze/skeeza/skeezer', a slut, esp. the
the context of trading sex for material objects, often drugs. There is
also a v. skeeze, thus:

1987 King Tee & Mixmaster Spade ‘Ya Better Bring a Gun’ [lyrics] A skeezer
comes your way, you say, ‘Let’s take a ride.’

1986 Beastie Boys ‘No Sleep Till Brooklyn’ [lyrics] MCA’s in the back ’cos
he’s skeezin’ with a ho.

Whether her 'easiness' is a direct descendant of early 20C 'skeeze', n.
'something easily achieved', I do not know. An example reads:

1903 ‘Hugh McHugh’ _Out for the Coin_ 11: ‘It does look like a skeeze!’ I
answered, swelling up fore and aft, as I gave Bunch the easy-money gaze.

Jonathon Green